2014 Chalk Board Theme

Have a question about the X's and O's? Ask it here.

Moderators: MINI14GB, Grizfan-24

Grizfan-24

2014 Chalk Board Theme

Postby Grizfan-24 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:15 am

First and foremost, I have been quite busy with so many other things that I have had little time to work on and prepare much of anything for the upcoming season. There is a lot of fodder out there for people to debate about the upcoming season of Grizzly football but for the first time in a while there is little to debate in regards to x's and o's. That doesn't mean I won't address issues, but much of my current blog constructions (hopefully one or two by the end of the week) are reinventions of past issues. Mostly talking defensive deployment issues (4-3 stuff primarily) and a blog or two on some offensive formation things that I personally think griz fans have their heads up their arses about.

Because of my commitments elsewhere this year, I am going to focus primarily on strategy, deployment and tactics this year. Easier for me to construct blogs in that manner, and I can use information that would come from past weeks games to examine a series, a redzone deployment or a tactical deployment of a player or players. I am willing to address and discuss most things, but remember as in years past my goal isn't to vilify coaches and players but rather to show the 'logic' behind the game and debunk myth and ignorance when it arises. I'll even go beyond the Griz and examine stuff elsewhere.

While I love doing the detailed stuff about scheme, it does take several hours to construct and create the media that goes along with it. Moreover, with all that is going on outside of my blog it is the easiest way for me not to alienate those who I live with and those i work for.

The next part is the realization that there are others at this point in my life that can devote more time and effort the understanding of who and what the Grizzlies are (Brint, others) and can prepare scouting reports and post mortems that would far exceed what I am capable of producing.

Lastly, I really appreciate the support I have received here over the past few years. I am glad that people appreciate my creative efforts and the information has gone to some good use from time to time. My hope is to continue to create content that people will enjoy reading and hopefully in a way that is just more than a sporadic detailed explanation of game theory.

Hopefully you'll enjoy what I have to offer, and as always feel free to comment and provide your own insights. Here is to a successful Griz football season and many wins in the playoffs.

Thanks
GF24
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
--Ron Burgandy

http://monidasports.blogspot.com

grizpack

Re: 2014 Chalk Board Theme

Postby grizpack » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:40 pm

Looking forward to it. Are you coaching this year?

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Re: 2014 Chalk Board Theme

Postby growler » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:51 pm

I look forward to it also. I want to make feelings very clear, without talking X's and O's, about the O-line. Our O-line, even with Schmaing and Poole there, was going to be perhaps the weakest we have had in many years. Now, with the two best gone, we are going to be very weak at that position. There is no substitution for maturity and experience, and our line with have neither. We will be forced to play young kids, who have not matured mentally or physically, They will be too light-weight, and will be schooled by veteran defensive players. I think losing these two players is the most devastating thing to happen to this team since the Jordy Johnson rape fiasco. And, it will certainly de-rail our season.
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

Return to “The Chalk Board”