How bad does a bad Wyoming Team Embarrass us?

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

ALPHAGRIZ1

How bad does a bad Wyoming Team Embarrass us?

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:14 am

Wyoming lot their stud QB, coaching staff and some decent talent on the OL. Bohl will implement his 4-3 defense. Wyoming has 5 seniors and I believe 3 of them ar LBs. They will be well coached but I am not sure if the talent is there yet, Bohl needs 3 years to get better talent in his system.

Griz have a QB, one WR and a couple RB's on offense. That's it.

I don't have any faith in the OL this season and think it's possible that we suffer here more than anywhere else, we just don't have the talent we are used to getting and we are doing next to nothing to restock the OL position.

Thank god we have a good punter.

The defense we will be running again is a variation of the steel sieve or colander defense as seen at Oregon most years.

We have Wagenmann on one side and Takai up front, Schye is the best LB we have but I double he sees much playing time and Hermanson in the secondary. We have 8 unknowns on defense and that's not good on any team but when you have a suspect staff and concept it's magnified a lot.

So just how bad does Wyoming do us in the opener?

38-17 if we are lucky?
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

cclarkblues

Re: How bad does a bad Wyoming Team Embarrass us?

Postby cclarkblues » Fri May 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Unfortunately I think we get beat worse than 95% of the people who post between now and them expect.

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Postby growler » Sat May 24, 2014 8:53 am

My prediction is:

Wyoming 27
Griz 17

Alpha, will you be attending this game? I will be there for sure, and would like to tip a few with you. Will you be at Titleist's tailgate?
Wolfman is my name....Owning pedestrian fans is my game

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:43 pm

I will be there but not sure where I am hanging out, sure I let Titleless tag along from time to time but I usually hang out where the cool kids are.

If I decide to slum I will get ahold of you and get you tickets for the ride.

:coffee:
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

GRIZNATION

Postby GRIZNATION » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Alpha do you really think we will be that bad this season or are you just doing the usual and trying to stir things up over here? I believe we will be a competitive team this season and the defense might surprise some people if we stay healthy. I think Montana can keep it close with a struggling Wyoming team this coming week.

Wyoming 27
Montana 20
Coach Hauck after the 2007 Griz /Cat Game - "I wish there were a 5th quarter in that game so we could kick their ass some more!"

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Postby growler » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:49 pm

GRIZNATION wrote:Alpha do you really think we will be that bad this season or are you just doing the usual and trying to stir things up over here? I believe we will be a competitive team this season and the defense might surprise some people if we stay healthy. I think Montana can keep it close with a struggling Wyoming team this coming week.

Wyoming 27
Montana 20

I have mixed feelings about this game. With our week O-line, we may have zero running game against Wyoming. That means that we will have to pass a lot on third-and-long, which will mean lots of sacks of JJ. I just hope he can get through this game without getting injured.

I agree that our defense has the potential to be very good. But that will be negated if they have to be on the field 75% of the time because our offense is inept. It will all depend on whether we can establish some sort of running game.
Wolfman is my name....Owning pedestrian fans is my game

MissoulaMarinerFan

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:38 pm

Folks can say whatever they want about Wyoming being a lower-tier FBS team, but the truth of the matter is, with Bohl as head coach, you can be sure they are just going to keep running our D into the ground. Bohl may not have the horses yet, but I can guarantee he'll have them playing tough and disciplined. It'll be a long day for our D. I think WYO is going to run, run, then run some more, and keep running even after we say "uncle."

WYO - 34
Griz - 14

The score will make it look closer than it actually was.

MAROON ALERT!

Postby MAROON ALERT! » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 am

MissoulaMarinerFan has the best post in this thread. Bohl will install discipline at Wyoming and play ground control football until we quit. I can easily see a 4 or 5 TD loss coming from a lower tier FBS team. We don't have enough on offense to keep up with a team that will probably have A plus +15 min advantage in TOP in their elevation will be too much to overcome. We don't have the OL and we need to score every time we have the ball which may not be that much.

BWahlberg

Postby BWahlberg » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 am

Said it early in fall camp and I still feel the same way.

The Grizzly defense will hopefully surprise the Wyo offense

The size/strength of Wyo's defense will overwhelm an inexperienced O-line

It'll come down to the better/more experienced kickers - I'll tip that to Wyo.

I see a low scoring Wyo win, maybe a 19-10 or 16-7 type of game.
Have no fear, sugar is here!

cclarkblues

Postby cclarkblues » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Bohl was burning the midnight oil a lot more than MD does. He'll have his team ready.

FormerPlayer83

Postby FormerPlayer83 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:50 pm

You guys are crazy, Wyoming won't score 4 or 5 TD's until the third game of the season :wink:

The pressure is on them to beat an FCS team and I am not sure they have the horses to run away with this one. It's not going to be as bad as some of these predictions. :harhar:

MissoulaMarinerFan

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:14 pm

BWahlberg wrote:Said it early in fall camp and I still feel the same way.

The Grizzly defense will hopefully surprise the Wyo offense....

I HOPE so, as well, BW, but from the way the D played last year...I'll believe it when I see it if they end up "surprising" anybody. Sure, they talent appears to be there....but the coaching and scheme.....not so much. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Griz finish the game within 10 points.

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:13 pm

MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
BWahlberg wrote:Said it early in fall camp and I still feel the same way.

The Grizzly defense will hopefully surprise the Wyo offense....

I HOPE so, as well, BW, but from the way the D played last year...I'll believe it when I see it if they end up "surprising" anybody. Sure, they talent appears to be there....but the coaching and scheme.....not so much. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Griz finish the game within 10 points.

To be honest with you, I have no clue what to expect in this game. Sure the Griz have never beaten Wyo before but does that mean one should bet on Wyo to win? From a betting perspective, I'd keep clear of this game.

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”