Beating Eastern

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

#1GRIZ

Beating Eastern

Postby #1GRIZ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:26 pm

This will be our toughest game of the season and it is on the road. Griz have to bring their a game and limit turnovers and mistakes to have a chance. D line needs to get after Adams and force quick decisions and mistakes. Should be a barn burner at Cheney.

MissoulaMarinerFan

Re: Beating Eastern

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:57 am

DB's gotta compete better on jump balls as well - it looked like a couple of those last year had the potential to be int's if the jump was timed better.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:24 am

Ewu will not be in the top 3 of tough games this season.

Wyoming, NDSU and Cal Poly will be tough PHYSICAL games on the road. Sac St might be tougher than the little sister tea party in Cheney but we get them at home.

MMF is right on the jump balls Shoota throws up for grabs, we should have had 3 INTs last year, 2 of the balls went right through our safeties hands and the WR caught the ball. Knock it down or catch the fu*king ball its not that hard.

Ewu is never a physical team and this year is no exception, anyone that lines up and punches those guys in the mouth for 3 or 4 qtrs will have a field day against them especially in the trenches. They have HUGE question marks on both lines as far as I am concerned and not too much depth if any injuries happen.

I have said this before and I will post it again, Ewu WILL NOT have the season they think they will, sure they might skate through another pathetic BSC season but IF they get in the playoffs they will get piss pounded like Towson did last year.
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

MissoulaMarinerFan

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:28 am

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:...MMF is right on the jump balls Shoota throws up for grabs, we should have had 3 INTs last year, 2 of the balls went right through our safeties hands and the WR caught the ball. Knock it down or catch the fu*king ball its not that hard...

Yup. There's a difference between throwing jump balls like that, and throwing ACCURATE jump balls like Russell Wilson does - placing them where the receiver has the best shot at catching it.

Our DBs just had terrible ball skills last year - reminded me of watching Kelly Jennings of the Seahawks.

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:21 pm

MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:...MMF is right on the jump balls Shoota throws up for grabs, we should have had 3 INTs last year, 2 of the balls went right through our safeties hands and the WR caught the ball. Knock it down or catch the fu*king ball its not that hard...

Yup. There's a difference between throwing jump balls like that, and throwing ACCURATE jump balls like Russell Wilson does - placing them where the receiver has the best shot at catching it.

Our DBs just had terrible ball skills last year - reminded me of watching Kelly Jennings of the Seahawks.

I totally agree that the Griz DBs have terrible ball skills but are we really talking about accurate and inaccurate "jump balls" being thrown in the NFL? Jeez... Does that speak to the quality of the QB play in the NFL or what? Russell Wilson will never be confused with Joe Montana, Kurt Warner or Tom Brady that's for sure. Give me " Air Coryell " any day over this "manage the game" approach.

MissoulaMarinerFan

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:28 am

CV Griz Fan wrote:
MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:

I totally agree that the Griz DBs have terrible ball skills but are we really talking about accurate and inaccurate "jump balls" being thrown in the NFL? Jeez... Does that speak to the quality of the QB play in the NFL or what? Russell Wilson will never be confused with Joe Montana, Kurt Warner or Tom Brady that's for sure. Give me " Air Coryell " any day over this "manage the game" approach.

Sorry - I meant more that there's a difference between throwing it up for grabs and throwing it where only the receiver can get it.

grizcountry420

Postby grizcountry420 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:29 am

I think we'll be all right. We just cant give up those big plays that end up going for 6 points. Last year we gave up touchdowns that were 86yds, 52yds, and 34yds and that's unacceptable. Kupp also had a big play that went for 41yds. That's the deal breaker right there! If we can limit those break downs in coverage then i think we have a shot of winning over there. We are due for a win at that shithole..
"I am a football analyst who can predict future success, or lack of it, based upon watching the game unfold."
-Growler

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:15 pm

grizcountry420 wrote:I think we'll be all right. We just cant give up those big plays that end up going for 6 points. Last year we gave up touchdowns that were 86yds, 52yds, and 34yds and that's unacceptable. Kupp also had a big play that went for 41yds. That's the deal breaker right there! If we can limit those break downs in coverage then i think we have a shot of winning over there. We are due for a win at that shithole..

I totally agree 420. I just don't believe that the Griz D matches up well with the EWU receivers.

grizfnz

Re: Re: Beating Eastern

Postby grizfnz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:11 am

grizcountry420 wrote:I think we'll be all right. We just cant give up those big plays that end up going for 6 points. Last year we gave up touchdowns that were 86yds, 52yds, and 34yds and that's unacceptable. Kupp also had a big play that went for 41yds. That's the deal breaker right there! If we can limit those break downs in coverage then i think we have a shot of winning over there. We are due for a win at that shithole..

If i remember correctly, one of those td's was a relatively short pass to Kupp but multiple missed and broken tackles resulted in a long td. :x

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Postby growler » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:30 pm

What all of you seem to be saying is that our D-backs suck. And I can agree to that!
Wolfman is my name....Owning pedestrian fans is my game

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:52 pm

growler wrote:What all of you seem to be saying is that our D-backs suck. And I can agree to that!

Suck is a harsh word. Overrated? Yes, I would have to agree.

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Postby growler » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:23 am

CV Griz Fan wrote:
growler wrote:What all of you seem to be saying is that our D-backs suck. And I can agree to that!

Suck is a harsh word. Overrated? Yes, I would have to agree.

Who is rating them as being good? Nobody I know who understands the game of football would do so. The one D-back who has been overly-hyped and not lived up to that hype is Hermey. As for the others, I do not recall anyone really hyping their talents.
Wolfman is my name....Owning pedestrian fans is my game

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”