Delaney Mistakes

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

GRIZNATION

Delaney Mistakes

Postby GRIZNATION » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:40 pm

After reading some things Delaney said in a recent interview I stepped back and thought how many chances does this guy get when it comes to mistakes? Kicking off for both halfs, punt coverage mistakes, lack of a kicker then choosing the worst of the 3 to be the guy opening the season is almost unforgivable. I know there are a few more decisions that have left us scratching our heads but come on this guy is slipping. The administration needs to do something about it soon because there are a lot of people laughing at us from their living rooms every weekend Mick lines us up.

Any others you can think of? We should keep a list.
Coach Hauck after the 2007 Griz /Cat Game - "I wish there were a 5th quarter in that game so we could kick their ass some more!"

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Re: Delaney Mistakes

Postby growler » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:40 pm

GRIZNATION wrote:After reading some things Delaney said in a recent interview I stepped back and thought how many chances does this guy get when it comes to mistakes? Kicking off for both halfs, punt coverage mistakes, lack of a kicker then choosing the worst of the 3 to be the guy opening the season is almost unforgivable. I know there are a few more decisions that have left us scratching our heads but come on this guy is slipping. The administration needs to do something about it soon because there are a lot of people laughing at us from their living rooms every weekend Mick lines us up.

I agree, There is a reason that Mick was never able to move up, even to a coordinator position as a football coach. His one chance to be a head coach was a disaster at Western. He is just like Obama.... totally over his head.

I have to laugh at the Griz fans who think he has done a good job. Our fan base has been dumbed-down to accept mediocrity as their new standard of excellence.

I will add one more Delaney gaff to your list. That is, choosing the Butte tough-guy mentality to have our football team play in their normal uniforms during the frigid playoff game, while Coastal Carolina was smart and prepared for the bitter cold. It was definitely a big factor in the game.
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:26 pm

growler wrote:
GRIZNATION wrote:After reading some things Delaney said in a recent interview I stepped back and thought how many chances does this guy get when it comes to mistakes? Kicking off for both halfs, punt coverage mistakes, lack of a kicker then choosing the worst of the 3 to be the guy opening the season is almost unforgivable. I know there are a few more decisions that have left us scratching our heads but come on this guy is slipping. The administration needs to do something about it soon because there are a lot of people laughing at us from their living rooms every weekend Mick lines us up.

I agree, There is a reason that Mick was never able to move up, even to a coordinator position as a football coach. His one chance to be a head coach was a disaster at Western. He is just like Obama.... totally over his head.

I have to laugh at the Griz fans who think he has done a good job. Our fan base has been dumbed-down to accept mediocrity as their new standard of excellence.

I will add one more Delaney gaff to your list. That is, choosing the Butte tough-guy mentality to have our football team play in their normal uniforms during the frigid playoff game, while Coastal Carolina was smart and prepared for the bitter cold. It was definitely a big factor in the game.

I have certainly not been a Delaney supporter over the last couple of years. My posts prove that. I think he was just a warm body after RE made a stupid decision to fire Pflu. Making the playoffs last year was meaningless because the Griz didn't beat any good teams. That beat down at the hands of CC spoke volumes. We'll see what the Griz do this year. But still, other than possibly Wyo, NDSU and EWU what games should the Griz lose? They could still go 9-3 again beating nobody and the Delaney supporters will claim that he is a good coach. You watch, it will happen.....

BWahlberg

Postby BWahlberg » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:53 am

CV Griz Fan wrote:
growler wrote:

I have certainly not been a Delaney supporter over the last couple of years. My posts prove that. I think he was just a warm body after RE made a stupid decision to fire Pflu. Making the playoffs last year was meaningless because the Griz didn't beat any good teams. That beat down at the hands of CC spoke volumes. We'll see what the Griz do this year. But still, other than possibly Wyo, NDSU and EWU what games should the Griz lose? They could still go 9-3 again beating nobody and the Delaney supporters will claim that he is a good coach. You watch, it will happen.....

So if the Griz go 9-3 that would mean of the more challenging matchups

@Wyo
@NDSU
@EWU
@CPSLO
@SUU
vs Sac
vs MSU

they would have a winning record of 4-3.

That's better than last years team probably would've done. So... improvement?
Have no fear, sugar is here!

MAROON ALERT!

Postby MAROON ALERT! » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:28 am

If we win 6 games I will be happy, anything more will surprise me.

cclarkblues

Postby cclarkblues » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:25 pm

You never know, he may just be coach for life.

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Postby growler » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:39 pm

CV Griz Fan wrote:
growler wrote:

Are you kidding me? We could easily lose to Sac. State, Southern Utah, Cal Poly and The Cats. Don't forget, if our strong defense is forced to play too much of the game, they will be worn down by the start of the 4th quarter. With no running game, which could happen with this O-line, our offense will sputter. We need balance to be able to have a great offense.
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”