South Dakota - Montana Thread

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

StoneColdGriz

Re: South Dakota - Montana Thread

Postby StoneColdGriz » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:45 pm

NDSUDynasty wrote:
MAROON ALERT! wrote:Montana will come into your town with swagger, kick the door off your barn, beat you up in front of your fans like Ray Rice in an elevator. Griz will break your players, break your streak and break your hearts. Bison get an L on Sept 20th.

Mark it down

I want some of what you are smoking man! NDSU is the most physical team you will play in the FCS and will beat the Grizz into the ground. We have the best DL and Emanuel is the best DE in the country. Your tackles are pathetic and he will have a field day against your OL.

You are living in fantasy land if you think your offense scores more than a couple TD's against us we are going to show you what real football is about. We beat you as a DII school and we will really walk on you as an FCS team. At least you play us, I will give you that.

Pass the doobie brother. The offense I watched play Weber the other night will not run over this years Griz defense. Your defense might be better than our offense at the moment but there is no reason for me to believe this won't be a close game, the difference will probably come down to special teams. Don't count your chickens before they hatch son.
Austin 3:16
Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave

pussycatkillerz

Postby pussycatkillerz » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:28 pm

NDSUDynasty wrote:
MAROON ALERT! wrote:Montana will come into your town with swagger, kick the door off your barn, beat you up in front of your fans like Ray Rice in an elevator. Griz will break your players, break your streak and break your hearts. Bison get an L on Sept 20th.

Mark it down

I want some of what you are smoking man! NDSU is the most physical team you will play in the FCS and will beat the Grizz into the ground. We have the best DL and Emanuel is the best DE in the country. Your tackles are pathetic and he will have a field day against your OL.

You are living in fantasy land if you think your offense scores more than a couple TD's against us we are going to show you what real football is about. We beat you as a DII school and we will really walk on you as an FCS team. At least you play us, I will give you that.

Waggs would smoke his ass....BITCH
Wins Since 2000 (All of College Football)
1st place: Montana: 152 - 2nd place: Boise State: 143........Texas: 139.....App State: 131...
North Dakota State: 120

MAROON ALERT!

Postby MAROON ALERT! » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:48 pm

It is too early in the season to say who is better at this time, but I would take Wags over anyone else at the fcs level, the guy has a motor that will not quit.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:28 am

Wagenmann is inconsistent but he still has some tools. I find it odd he dominates the best OL we will play all year and then crickets.........

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

robsnotes4u

Postby robsnotes4u » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:24 am

pussycatkillerz wrote:
NDSUDynasty wrote:

Mark it down

Waggs would smoke his ass....BITCH

Yes, Waggs is good, but you might want to take off the glasses and watch some other teams, including some of the DE in the East. There are some animals out there.

putter

Postby putter » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Wow, what an ugly first half. dominated yet 7 points with 2 missed FG's and the slowest punter in the nation. Hopefully there will be some good adjustments at the half and JJ dials in a little.

putter

Postby putter » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:31 pm

Wow, a win is a win, but very unsatisfying. I hope this team comes together or NDSU will kill them. Montana's D will keep it close but if Montana has to go for every 4th down then lets do it.

24, why do you think Montana totally changed their game plan. Started out with short passes which were successful and then started going way down field. Don't mind taking shots now and then but it seems like JJ got in the habit of looking way down field.

robsnotes4u

Postby robsnotes4u » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:54 pm

It is going to be ugly next week. 45-3 only if the kicker can go 1 for 2 in field goals. The Montana D might play a good half but will be gassed and run over late.

Grizfan-24

Postby Grizfan-24 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:06 am

Might have been by design, but more likely that JJ does love the deep ball. You have to challenge the secondary every once in a while. Didn't help the offense was a mess of mistakes for a quarter. Bad reads, routes and protection. Got a little to obsessed with attacking the edges. When they started running downhill things improved.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
--Ron Burgandy

http://monidasports.blogspot.com

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants

Postby growler » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Grizfan-24 wrote:Might have been by design, but more likely that JJ does love the deep ball. You have to challenge the secondary every once in a while. Didn't help the offense was a mess of mistakes for a quarter. Bad reads, routes and protection. Got a little to obsessed with attacking the edges. When they started running downhill things improved.

The long ball is not JJ's strength. He needs to hone the short game and move the ball down the field in stead of going for the home run so much.
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

putter

Postby putter » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:25 pm

growler wrote:
Grizfan-24 wrote:Might have been by design, but more likely that JJ does love the deep ball. You have to challenge the secondary every once in a while. Didn't help the offense was a mess of mistakes for a quarter. Bad reads, routes and protection. Got a little to obsessed with attacking the edges. When they started running downhill things improved.

The long ball is not JJ's strength. He needs to hone the short game and move the ball down the field in stead of going for the home run so much.

This is exactly how Weber was successful against the Bizzon. When they got in 2dn and 3rd and long NDSU came after them and were able to get off the field quickly. Make them stop the short and underneath then Henderson and Co. can get some realistic shots downfield

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”