When will enough be enough?

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

When will enough be enough?

Postby growler » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:43 pm

When will the fan base decide that what we are doing, with this coaching staff, is not working, and will never work? Aren't you getting sick of trying to find the positives with this team when we get owned like we did today? Having a glass half full might be a good thing, but you are in total denial if you think that the 2014 Griz team could play on the same field with any Griz team dating back to 1995.

The first reality that most of you need to admit is that our recruiting has slipped significantly in recent years, especially in Montana. Where we used to have our pick of virtually any in-state kid we wanted, now things have reversed and the Cats are owning us in the state. In a sense, we have now become what the Cats used to be........ a group of out-of-state players. We used to make fun of 'em...... and now we are them!

The next reality dose to admit is that hiring Delaney was a huge mistake! This guy is as far over his head as Obama is as president! Our offense is a pathetic reincarnation of a 1980's offense. It has no creativity, is very predictable, no misdirection, the passing game is cinch to defend, there are no counter plays, no pulling guards like NDSU did to us today, etc etc.

Then there is the play calling. This Kefense dude calls a terrible game. And even though you are going to tell me how well our defense played today, I don't buy it! NDSU had their way with us all day long. They just had trouble putting the rock in the end zone, but their 0-line dominated our defense.

Our program is a shell of its former self. Hiring Delaney and staff has set the program back many years. Stop defending this guy, and start making noise to get him out of here, so we can hire a coach to begin re-building this program.
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

User avatar
grizbob
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:45 am

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby grizbob » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:02 pm

While I agree there is a portion of the fan base that has defended Delaney in the past, I don't remember seeing a ton of posters lighting up the keyboards lately. I think the defense you speak of is more in tune to the football team/program in general. There are too many people (such as yourself) that are all too pleased to be able to spew hate and criticism on a regular basis, demanding perfection in all phases (recruiting, play calling, game planning, execution, etc.) at all times. I tend to lean more towards reality with the landscape of college football being what it is, with the growth of programs in the big sky such as Eastern and MSU being able to take more of the recruits that you speak of. Of course we could do better, but give credit where credit is due. And while I would love to continue to believe that we are going to do everything we can as a university to continue to grow and excel as a program, it is obvious since Engstrom took over that the football program was going to be viewed as an entity that just needs to keep its nose clean playerwise, and maybe compete for the conference championship here and there. Until the athletic department gets the go-ahead to compete more nationally while recruiting coaches, we are going to be stuck with the Delaneys of the world that are content to just "man the ship" and not run it into the rocks (which he hasn't been able to do, at least on the field). I badly want to have a head coach that is able to make in game adjustments, out recruit the scats consistently, and get our boys to play smash mouth, clean football. But that guys is in Vegas, so there ya go. That being said, I vehemently disagree with the approach you continue to take spewing venom and hate so consistently that it makes me and I am sure some others feel real bad for you. Anyway, my somewhat whiskey laden rant is over, feel free to "tear me up" now, we all know what a keyboard warrior you are. Good day sir...

putter
Posts: 470
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:13 am

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby putter » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:20 pm

IMO Delaney has come full circle. The cluster that was the O'Day/Pflu firings put the program in a terrible place and Mick's hiring was the right thing to do to stop the bleeding. I do believe that there needs to be a new direction starting next year. Mick has passion and wants to win just as bad as any coach in the country but we need to get a staff in place to take the program back to the where it belongs.

NDSU controlled this game but they did not roll over and feel sorry for Montana. The defense kept them out of the endzone and forced the Bizzon to kick field goals. My concern is with the offense. The playcalling was better in the second half yet they could not put up points. JJ was getting his ass kicked and was off again. Pressure was the major reason for the interception in the endzone yet they did not help our tackle with NDSU's best player. JJ's back will be very stiff all week after that beating.

We have been saying for 3 years now....2nd half adjustments were lacking. Better in some aspects not so much in others

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Posts: 3204
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: At the Mo Club........

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Typical recycled Growler post:

Pedestrian, lack of recruiting, hate coaching staff, sugar coating, cant tackle, bad play calling etc
:jack:

Rinse and mutherfu*king repeat........over and over and over again. If the Griz executed plays as consistently as you make the same beat in the ground points maybe we would have something.

I cant wait for yet another slam on Wally or 24.................now THATS predictable
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

User avatar
grizbob
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:45 am

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby grizbob » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:32 pm

putter wrote:IMO Delaney has come full circle. The cluster that was the O'Day/Pflu firings put the program in a terrible place and Mick's hiring was the right thing to do to stop the bleeding. I do believe that there needs to be a new direction starting next year. Mick has passion and wants to win just as bad as any coach in the country but we need to get a staff in place to take the program back to the where it belongs.

NDSU controlled this game but they did not roll over and feel sorry for Montana. The defense kept them out of the endzone and forced the Bizzon to kick field goals. My concern is with the offense. The playcalling was better in the second half yet they could not put up points. JJ was getting his ass kicked and was off again. Pressure was the major reason for the interception in the endzone yet they did not help our tackle with NDSU's best player. JJ's back will be very stiff all week after that beating.

We have been saying for 3 years now....2nd half adjustments were lacking. Better in some aspects not so much in others


I believe Delaney could have been seen as a good hire to take over for a year while we did a comprehensive coaching search. However, he is not the answer for the Griz if we want to truly compete on the national stage. I do agree the adjustments did seem to be there somewhat in the second half, especially getting some running room with Canada to the right side. Obviously we need to protect JJ better, and the coaches can help there somewhat with the playcalling. Not sure they did him many favors today in that aspect. We need to find a true head coach, somebody we can actually see growing the program, not an un-retired figure head. Good guy, but a little over his head.

User avatar
pussycatkillerz
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby pussycatkillerz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm proud as fuck of our Griz. NDSU is THE team to beat and I'm not sure any of our Griz from the past could've got it done. You seem to think firing our current staff is the key to success but I'd be surprised if Haulk would've played this NDSU squad any better...I'm so FUCKING proud of our D........l
Then there's our O which has Sooooo much god damn much room to improve. Believe it or not we are a playoff team this year that can fuck up ANYONE. By the end of the year this NDSU squad *might........even fear us.
Griz are (slowly but surely) on the Rise
Wins Since 2000 (All of College Football)
1st place: Montana: 152 - 2nd place: Boise State: 143........Texas: 139.....App State: 131...
North Dakota State: 120

CV Griz Fan
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:47 pm
Location: Chula Vista

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby CV Griz Fan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:53 pm

grizbob wrote:While I agree there is a portion of the fan base that has defended Delaney in the past, I don't remember seeing a ton of posters lighting up the keyboards lately. I think the defense you speak of is more in tune to the football team/program in general. There are too many people (such as yourself) that are all too pleased to be able to spew hate and criticism on a regular basis, demanding perfection in all phases (recruiting, play calling, game planning, execution, etc.) at all times. I tend to lean more towards reality with the landscape of college football being what it is, with the growth of programs in the big sky such as Eastern and MSU being able to take more of the recruits that you speak of. Of course we could do better, but give credit where credit is due. And while I would love to continue to believe that we are going to do everything we can as a university to continue to grow and excel as a program, it is obvious since Engstrom took over that the football program was going to be viewed as an entity that just needs to keep its nose clean playerwise, and maybe compete for the conference championship here and there. Until the athletic department gets the go-ahead to compete more nationally while recruiting coaches, we are going to be stuck with the Delaneys of the world that are content to just "man the ship" and not run it into the rocks (which he hasn't been able to do, at least on the field). I badly want to have a head coach that is able to make in game adjustments, out recruit the scats consistently, and get our boys to play smash mouth, clean football. But that guys is in Vegas, so there ya go. That being said, I vehemently disagree with the approach you continue to take spewing venom and hate so consistently that it makes me and I am sure some others feel real bad for you. Anyway, my somewhat whiskey laden rant is over, feel free to "tear me up" now, we all know what a keyboard warrior you are. Good day sir...


First of all, your rant and Growler's rant have enough material to keep this board busy for the next month. To Growler's point, is Delaney a good HC? Of course not. To your point, did RE f**k things up by firing Pflu? Off course he did. But please don't take anything away from NDSU. That team can impose their will on anybody. That 22 to 10 victory might as well have been 35 to 10. That game was never in doubt. All moral victories aside, that was a classic NDSU victory. If egriz wants to get all excited about playing NDSU tough, let them. It's all meaningless in the long run. I am totally impressed with that Bison team.

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby growler » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:28 am

grizbob wrote:While I agree there is a portion of the fan base that has defended Delaney in the past, I don't remember seeing a ton of posters lighting up the keyboards lately. I think the defense you speak of is more in tune to the football team/program in general. There are too many people (such as yourself) that are all too pleased to be able to spew hate and criticism on a regular basis, demanding perfection in all phases (recruiting, play calling, game planning, execution, etc.) at all times. I tend to lean more towards reality with the landscape of college football being what it is, with the growth of programs in the big sky such as Eastern and MSU being able to take more of the recruits that you speak of. Of course we could do better, but give credit where credit is due. And while I would love to continue to believe that we are going to do everything we can as a university to continue to grow and excel as a program, it is obvious since Engstrom took over that the football program was going to be viewed as an entity that just needs to keep its nose clean playerwise, and maybe compete for the conference championship here and there. Until the athletic department gets the go-ahead to compete more nationally while recruiting coaches, we are going to be stuck with the Delaneys of the world that are content to just "man the ship" and not run it into the rocks (which he hasn't been able to do, at least on the field). I badly want to have a head coach that is able to make in game adjustments, out recruit the scats consistently, and get our boys to play smash mouth, clean football. But that guys is in Vegas, so there ya go. That being said, I vehemently disagree with the approach you continue to take spewing venom and hate so consistently that it makes me and I am sure some others feel real bad for you. Anyway, my somewhat whiskey laden rant is over, feel free to "tear me up" now, we all know what a keyboard warrior you are. Good day sir...



You need to take a couple more shots of whiskey, cause your post is apologetic, and in denial. Fans like you are a major part of the problem. And your pathetic statement about the "growth' of programs like EWU and MSU is a joke. How have they "grown"..... by installing a menstrual cycle field??? No, they are simply kicking our ass in the recruiting and coaching game! You are an apologist, face the facts. You have been dumbed-down by several years of a declining program, and now accept the product being put on the field as the norm.

I don't spew venom and hate, as you suggest. I post reality......something that "fans" like you are too stupid, or too afraid to post, for fear of being called a bad fan. Your hero, I am sure, are guys like Wally and Playa Rape, who couch every comment with sugar, because thy have their nose up the derrieres of every coach and athletic official in the program.

This program can be turned around, but it will take several years, and a new coaching staff. We could also use some fans who have a clue about the game of football, unlike your sorry ass! You NEVER post anything of value, other than taking shots at me. You are the poster child for accepting mediocrity.
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

User avatar
grizbob
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:45 am

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby grizbob » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:54 am

What alpha said...

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby growler » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:51 pm

grizbob wrote:What alpha said...


right, cause you sure as hell have nothing of importance to add....... :ohno:
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

User avatar
grizbob
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:45 am

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby grizbob » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:16 am

Growlie, you remind me of a 12 year old girl desperate to be liked by the cool kids. And when they shun you, you turn nasty and say you have hated them all along. So sad you live your life this way... You are an old, grumpy bastard that still has to be continually validated behind the keyboard. Sad really....

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby growler » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:34 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Typical recycled Growler post:

Pedestrian, lack of recruiting, hate coaching staff, sugar coating, cant tackle, bad play calling etc
:jack:

Rinse and mutherfu*king repeat........over and over and over again. If the Griz executed plays as consistently as you make the same beat in the ground points maybe we would have something.

I cant wait for yet another slam on Wally or 24.................now THATS predictable


You are the KING of re-cycled posts. Pot, meet kettle. Did you a Wally kiss and make up recently?
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby growler » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:35 pm

pussycatkillerz wrote:I'm proud as fuck of our Griz. NDSU is THE team to beat and I'm not sure any of our Griz from the past could've got it done. You seem to think firing our current staff is the key to success but I'd be surprised if Haulk would've played this NDSU squad any better...I'm so FUCKING proud of our D........l
Then there's our O which has Sooooo much god damn much room to improve. Believe it or not we are a playoff team this year that can fuck up ANYONE. By the end of the year this NDSU squad *might........even fear us.
Griz are (slowly but surely) on the Rise



ROFL! But, will you live to be 100?
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Posts: 3204
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: At the Mo Club........

Re: Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:34 pm

growler wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Typical recycled Growler post:

Pedestrian, lack of recruiting, hate coaching staff, sugar coating, cant tackle, bad play calling etc
:jack:

Rinse and mutherfu*king repeat........over and over and over again. If the Griz executed plays as consistently as you make the same beat in the ground points maybe we would have something.

I cant wait for yet another slam on Wally or 24.................now THATS predictable


You are the KING of re-cycled posts. Pot, meet kettle. Did you a Wally kiss and make up recently?

I have more talent in one of my posts than you do in the gallons of baby batter that has been fuel injected down your throat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

growler
Sissy La La Pee Pee Pants
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 am

Re: Re: When will enough be enough?

Postby growler » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:01 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
growler wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Typical recycled Growler post:

Pedestrian, lack of recruiting, hate coaching staff, sugar coating, cant tackle, bad play calling etc
:jack:

Rinse and mutherfu*king repeat........over and over and over again. If the Griz executed plays as consistently as you make the same beat in the ground points maybe we would have something.

I cant wait for yet another slam on Wally or 24.................now THATS predictable


You are the KING of re-cycled posts. Pot, meet kettle. Did you a Wally kiss and make up recently?

I have more talent in one of my posts than you do in the gallons of baby batter that has been fuel injected down your throat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk



F*ck you you bi-polar asswipe. Why don't you do us all a favor a tell us your opinion about the North Dakota State football program? Oh, you already did that? About 4000 times in the past two months? Re-cycled? I am done with you pathetic excuse for a message board. GFY, you flaming hypocrite!
Schooling Pedestrian Fans Since 1998


Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MrTitleist, SeaGriz and 14 guests