Talent Argument

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

putter

Re: Talent Argument

Postby putter » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:53 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:P.S. There are quite a few guys on this roster that have a lot higher talent than people in front of them on the depth chart and there is no reason not to play them more to get them ready for next year.

I would sit JJ and let Simis and Gustafson play the rest of the year since this is basically a throw away season. I would let Schye learn on the job the same way Jansen is and would do the same with Luke, Weyer, Reese, Epperly and McKinley. None of the players listed are behind better players right no so let them grow and advance well past the already peaked out bodies on the field now.

Get these guys ready for next season.

I am really hoping the Griz get a big lead - however - Delaney will give SSH his playing time rather than let Gustafson or Simis show what they can do. Not looking ahead when you sit your starter and put your back-up in who is a senior....

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:40 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:P.S. There are quite a few guys on this roster that have a lot higher talent than people in front of them on the depth chart and there is no reason not to play them more to get them ready for next year.

I would sit JJ and let Simis and Gustafson play the rest of the year since this is basically a throw away season. I would let Schye learn on the job the same way Jansen is and would do the same with Luke, Weyer, Reese, Epperly and McKinley. None of the players listed are behind better players right no so let them grow and advance well past the already peaked out bodies on the field now.

Get these guys ready for next season.

Wow! A Throw away season? That comment will have the Sugarcoaters in an uproar.

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:53 pm

BWahlberg wrote:OK Alpha well first I was talking BSC which you kind of float back and forth on - I wasn't looking to compare who from the Griz would/could start for NDSU.

Canada - What 5 running backs in the Big Sky are better than Canada? EWU's Forte is probably the best in the Big Sky, and of course Poly has a few guys that pile up the stats b/c of their system. A healthy Van is another. I see Jordan as one of the few complete backs in the conference. He's a good pass catcher, a great blocker, and a good running back.

Jones - Maybe I'm biased but I look at his 2nd half of last season and elevate him over many others. He's not a #1 WR, I'm not saying that. He's never the game-breaker guy, but he's a solid #2 possession WR. MSU found that out last season. With exception to EWU and maybe ISU I would bet that most all other BSC teams would have him as one of their starting 2 WRs.

Naccarato - Sugar coater and practice watcher in me is really excited about his potential. He'll be back this week, hoping I'm right.

Hermey - Agree, not a world beater but a more often than not reliable safety. Yes he makes errors but I think people still hold 2012 over his head. He got better in 2013 and seems to be playing at about the same level in 2014.

Whitted - glad you agree :thumbsup:

Holmes - On pace for 75 tackles and 7.5 sacks this season. Had a big opening before getting hurt against Wyo. I'm wondering what you mean about disappearing though, he looks to be pretty steady IMO:

Wyo: 4 tackles / 1 sack / 1 TFL / 1 FF
CWU: 4 tackles / 0.5 sacks / 2.5 TFLs
USD: 6 tackles / 1 sack / 1 TFL
NDSU: 6 tackles / 1 TFL / 1 QBH

A few of points, it's just too bad that every comment about Van has to be prefaced with the words "if he was healthy". Hermey has to get through his own personal "crucible" which is EWU. That is his measuring stick game. Whitted should have been starting last year plain and simple.

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”