A Few Questions

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

pussycatkillerz

A Few Questions

Postby pussycatkillerz » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:35 pm

First off I'm not posting this to be a smart ass or anything. Just looking for a general consensus.

1. Will we beat the cats this year?
2. Is this a playoff caliber team? If not, will it be by seasons end?
3. Will we be a National Title contender?

I want a FUCKING:
-BigSky Title
-Home Playoff Sweep
-National Title
-AND NOTHING LESS

What needs to happen????
Wins Since 2000 (All of College Football)
1st place: Montana: 152 - 2nd place: Boise State: 143........Texas: 139.....App State: 131...
North Dakota State: 120

ALPHAGRIZ1

Re: A Few Questions

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:46 pm

pussycatkillerz wrote:First off I'm not posting this to be a smart ass or anything. Just looking for a general consensus.

I want a FUCKING:
-BigSky Title
-Home Playoff Sweep
-National Title
-AND NOTHING LESS

What needs to happen????

1. Right now I think its a draw but I give us the edge because the game is in Missoula, if our offense could somehow improve a bit I think we would beat them again, its what we do.

2. I am not convinced we make the playoffs this year our OL is too poor for us not to drop at least 3 more games this season. Things could change if the OL starts to come around and if our coaching staff would play Luke, Reese and Weyer more to get them needed experience for next year.

3. The only way we are a NC contender is if every other good team somehow loses, we get home field through out the playoffs and the team we play in the NC game has their QB, RB and MLB hit by the same car a week before the game. Then sure, anything is possible.

The only way we get back to serious national title contenders is if we replace our coach with a candidate from a true National search and not some inbred good ole boy who is hanging around for his turn. We need to expand our recruiting areas and keep Justin Green around.

Until then we are just going to be what we have been for the last 13 years.....a bump in the road.
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:03 pm

pussycatkillerz wrote:First off I'm not posting this to be a smart ass or anything. Just looking for a general consensus.

I want a FUCKING:
-BigSky Title
-Home Playoff Sweep
-National Title
-AND NOTHING LESS

What needs to happen????

I see the Griz beating MSU this year. The BSC title is EWU's to lose in my opinion. Their D sucks but they're droping 50 plus on everyone. The Griz will have to go 7-1 in conference to be in the mix for a conference title so no stumbles against SUU, Poly or SAC. I think the Griz make the playoffs but I
don't see a deep run. A national title? Not a chance this year......

pussycatkillerz

Postby pussycatkillerz » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Well shit
Last edited by pussycatkillerz on Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wins Since 2000 (All of College Football)
1st place: Montana: 152 - 2nd place: Boise State: 143........Texas: 139.....App State: 131...
North Dakota State: 120

BWahlberg

Postby BWahlberg » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:58 pm

I want a FUCKING:
-BigSky Title
-Home Playoff Sweep
-National Title
-AND NOTHING LESS

What needs to happen????

1. If our defense is healthy and prepared come that come that game I'd say we have a slight advantage, yes.

2. Maybe. We've got a stretch of a few games here that the Griz should win, drop one of these "gimmie" games and the playoffs are probably in doubt. I predicted a 9-3 season with losses to Wyo, NDSU, and EWU. If they drop a game to any of the others... probably no playoffs.

3. Nope, not this year. Too many issues with the O-line, IMO. Come the playoffs a team with a good D-line will be the end of our run.
Have no fear, sugar is here!

#1GRIZ

Postby #1GRIZ » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:29 am

Griz need to get better as the season goes on, if that happens we will beat the Cats and make the playoffs. Once you are in the playoffs if we start peaking like we did in 11 we could make a run at a title. Lots of football between now and then.

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”