2014 Montana vs North Dakota Thread

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

GRIZNATION

2014 Montana vs North Dakota Thread

Postby GRIZNATION » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:49 am

Ok fellas, its nice to see a few people actually talking about football over here, so lets talk about North Dakota this weekend.

I watched part of last weeks game against the Cats and the defense of ND is much improved this year, they seem fundamentally sound and they really get to the ball. I wouldn't say over all they are that fast but they know what to do and where to go.

On the other side of the ball they looked pretty bad at times. They seem to have some receivers that have size and speed but they really struggled to catch the ball down the stretch last week in Bozeman. Lots of drops on catchable balls. McGill stood out as their best offensive weapon. Mollberg was pretty average and he seems a bit slow to get rid of the ball.

I think if the Griz attack UND in the air to begin with it will open up the run. If we come out and try to power it down the heart of the UND defense that will keep them in the game. If we get up by a couple scores this could get ugly and Gregorek should let the dogs out if that happens, our defense matches up pretty well with their offense and they wont have much success moving the ball on us.

I say something like Montana 24 UND 13
Coach Hauck after the 2007 Griz /Cat Game - "I wish there were a 5th quarter in that game so we could kick their ass some more!"

putter

Re: 2014 Montana vs North Dakota Thread

Postby putter » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:40 pm

This will be a better test for the O-Line as I don't put too much into the UNC game (even though their defensive states were good coming into the Montana game) other than it could have given the boys a boost of confidence. I agree with your point that Montana can move the chains with the pass as the Cats had receivers open all day. Prokop seemed to want to run sooner if nothing seemed there where JJ has sat back and let the routes develop so it will be interesting to see if Montana's receivers can get separation. Get Van some space and he is amazing but I would like to see him stop dancing around when there is nothing there and put his pads down and pick up a yard or two.

Baby steps.....

pussycatkillerz

Postby pussycatkillerz » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:49 pm

MONTANA: 31
ND: 14
Wins Since 2000 (All of College Football)
1st place: Montana: 152 - 2nd place: Boise State: 143........Texas: 139.....App State: 131...
North Dakota State: 120

Grizfan-24

Postby Grizfan-24 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:19 am

My biggest worry is the number of dinged and injured.

There are going to be a few guys who aren't going to make the trip, especially offensively and that makes an inefficient offense because of injuries and such even more inefficient.

The offense showed the ability to make plays when needed last week. This week will be less than optimal because of travel and the myriad of other issues, don't be surprised if the UND Defense gives the offense a run for its money this week.

The defensive line should win the day and it should be enough to give the offense enough room to find its way. Just think is a game the defense might have to win. A gut feeling.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
--Ron Burgandy

http://monidasports.blogspot.com

putter

Postby putter » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:38 pm

You could be right 24. Prokop made a huge difference with his legs. Maybe JJ will have to do that as well this week to keep Montana's O on the field

Copper Griz

Postby Copper Griz » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:04 pm

putter wrote:You could be right 24. Prokop made a huge difference with his legs. Maybe JJ will have to do that as well this week to keep Montana's O on the field

You are probably both right because that is what JJ is more comfortable doing. I would like to see him let plays develop a little more and go through his progression. He has checked off very rarely this year and locks on a certain receiver. I saw him do this two times in particular against UNC. One of the passes should have been picked. He does not do this all of the time, but seems to be rushing things a bit. Probably because he got concussed against Wyoming and NDSU was no picnic either. Props to him for hanging in there as much as he has. Hoping he gets a little more time from the O line and gets settled in.

#1GRIZ

Postby #1GRIZ » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:15 am

This game worries me a bit. We have alot of injuries and ND has a good defense. I see this being a lower scoring affair. D needs to play light out to keep us in this while the O find their way.

17-13 Griz

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:45 am

UNDs defense is a lot better than last year. Our OL is getting worked

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:51 am

Hermanson what a hit!

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:54 am

Another special teams mistake by Nguyen. Fucking horrible

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Thank god Mollberg is an idiot. He needs to pick those up and throw them away. We get 2 points off his second mistake in one play

2-0 Griz

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:07 pm

God Nguyen is horrible another special teams mistake

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:09 pm

There should not have been a flag for the late hit on Johnson. JJ is probably done for the game.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Definitely not a cheapskate like the douchebags on other boards will be calling it. Legal and up high, that LB did what he's supposed to do.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:15 pm

If UND is going to keep bringing pressure like this our OC should make them pay with screens and quick passes to the holes in the zone

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”