2014 Cal Poly - Montana Game thread

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

LongTimeCatFan

2014 Cal Poly - Montana Game thread

Postby LongTimeCatFan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:52 am

Please don't take this as smack.

In the first half, your OL was struggling to get any push whatsoever. Poly never unloaded the box even after the long bombs. Over the course of the game, your OL wore down. This had a watershed effect on the rest of the team and eventually wore down the defense. But losing VanAck early was huge.

putter

Re: 2014 Cal Poly - Montana Game thread

Postby putter » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:32 pm

No smack LTCF. This O-Line is patchwork and young. You could see it in the 2nd half as Poly really got to them. You have to help this crew and it seems like the long, slower developing routes have continued. With success in the first half but Poly made adjustments and Montana did not. JJ took too many chances way downfield after that 2nd quarter. Went long into double coverage many times and got lucky a couple. Some bad route running did not help the cause either. No game is perfect and the gameplan changes when the kick goes off as you have to adjust to the opponent.

LongTimeCatFan

Re: Re: 2014 Cal Poly - Montana Game thread

Postby LongTimeCatFan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:43 pm

putter wrote:No smack LTCF. This O-Line is patchwork and young. You could see it in the 2nd half as Poly really got to them. You have to help this crew and it seems like the long, slower developing routes have continued. With success in the first half but Poly made adjustments and Montana did not. JJ took too many chances way downfield after that 2nd quarter. Went long into double coverage many times and got lucky a couple. Some bad route running did not help the cause either. No game is perfect and the gameplan changes when the kick goes off as you have to adjust to the opponent.

The seam was open all day with the loaded box. Its baffling why they went away from that

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PlayerRep

Postby PlayerRep » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:25 pm

You obviously didn't watch the same game I did. Even someone who never played the game like yourself, would know that Montana was a few plays away from winning this game. UM's team video review today showed that to anyone that has a clue. Too bad. Griz missed a play here and there. Things like this are correctable. It's not that we were beat by a better team or pushed around the backfield by a superior/stronger players. This team will learn from the mistakes and do better next week. Griz will make some noise in the playoffs. And you will probably continue to be a troll on maroonblood and other boards.

LongTimeCatFan

Re: Re: 2014 Cal Poly - Montana Game thread

Postby LongTimeCatFan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:42 pm

PlayerRep wrote:You obviously didn't watch the same game I did. Even someone who never played the game like yourself, would know that Montana was a few plays away from winning this game. UM's team video review today showed that to anyone that has a clue. Too bad. Griz missed a play here and there. Things like this are correctable. It's not that we were beat by a better team or pushed around the backfield by a superior/stronger players. This team will learn from the mistakes and do better next week. Griz will make some noise in the playoffs. And you will probably continue to be a troll on maroonblood and other boards.

So you went to the sugar coaters workshop? Cute. If its and buts were candy and nuts, it'd be Christmas all year long. You weren't just beat by a better team. YOU GOT ROLLED. SMH

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Grizfan-24

Postby Grizfan-24 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Player,
I get you defending the program.

But watching the whole game, this game was lucky to be close.

Our offense and its inability to be anywhere within the ballpark of consistent is maddening. We ran 58 offensive plays. 58.

They ran 83. They had 7 drives of 8 plays or more.

You aren't going to win many games against a team who runs the ball 66 times and commands 35 minutes of the clock.

Doesn't take a genius of any type to figure out exactly why we lost. Our offense couldn't stay on the field, and our defense couldn't get off.

This isn't a condemnation of coaches or staff, it is a reality of what this team is right now. An incomplete team with way too many missing parts. Some of those parts aren't here because of injury and the others well to be diplomatic can't be used efficiently (especially on offense).

So to say this game was close and it could have turned, that might be theoretically true but it didn't play out that way, especially when you look at how the second half played out.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
--Ron Burgandy

http://monidasports.blogspot.com

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”