Montana at Eastern

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

#1GRIZ

Montana at Eastern

Postby #1GRIZ » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Do you guys think Adams will play this weekend? Is his foot healed, does anyone know?

putter

Re: Montana at Eastern

Postby putter » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:59 pm

Reading the thread on the other board the Eag fans said that he is at practice and throwing. If he has his way I am sure he will be out there. We will see if Baldwin feels playing him against the Griz is worth it or if he gives him the full 6 weeks to heal and have a healthy VA for the rest of the year and the playoffs.

grizfnz

Postby grizfnz » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:51 am

They showed one video clip on the news last night of him throwing a pass at walk through speed. There's a huge difference between throwing a pass for the media to further speculate his return and being ready to compete at game speed after a 5 week layoff. Not only are there conditioning issues to overcome, there is muscle atrophy and his timing will most certainly be off.

I hope he plays.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:47 am

First of all it doesnt matter if Admas plays or not, he played the best game of his career last year and they only beat us by 5 points in our house.

If we do not turn the ball over we will win by double digits on Saturday.

Eastern is 1/3 of a team they are good at nothing but offense and that is not a good team period, if their offense fails them they have ZERO chance of winning any game. Other teams that are balanced can win with defense and special teams, Leastern is not that team.

They do not match up well with us at a few key positions.

Takai will take apart the interior of their OL their center and guards are the weaker part of their OL and we can exploit the middle. Their OTs are good but if Wganemann and Holmes actually show up for a big game once, this would be the time to do it. I think they are better than either of Leasterns Tackles but they need to prove it on the field.

Van Ack and Gamboa will be the best LBs Leastern will face all year when it comes to pass coverage. Whitted and Hermanson need to bring it this weekend and stop the roller coaster play. Dennard will be more physical than any other CB the Leastern WRs will face he needs to play press and wreck timing, if we lay back and give them 5-10 yard cushions we will probably have a similar outing as last year. We need to bring pressure, press and if necessary throw some personal fouls around or tackle some WRs instead of getting beat deep to set the tone.

WE DICTATE the outcome on defense, not the other way around.

On offense we will need Van to have a great game, Leastern hasnt faced a guy with his athletic ability in 3 years we need to get the ball in his hands vertically stop the sideline to sideline bullshit unless you are going to commit to running bubble screens and TRUE spread option, go vertical. JJ hurt his ankle this week in practice but he obviously needs to run 5-10 times in this game. even being down 5 skill players we still have more skill positions than Leastern can handle with that shit sieve defense.

Special teams is a wash they suck and so do we but I think our FG kicker might be a shade better. That is if Sullivan plays.

We dont turn the ball over we win by double digits and we are not a good team, its just that Leastern is that much worse.
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

marceagfan5

Postby marceagfan5 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:10 pm

I'll give my 2 cents on this game.

This game is going to come down to a couple things:

1.) Can Montana get pressure on Eastern's QB with their front 4.

You can't give either EWU QB time to throw and if you have to bring pressure, Eastern is really good at exploiting 1 on 1 mismatches. Montana needs to bring pressure with the front 4 of it will be a long day for their D.

2.) Will Montana open up the playbook?

Will Delaney let JJ run the read option and keep it? JJ is the type of QB that typically kills Eastern's defense in the read option. The Griz need to run more of it and JJ needs to keep it as an option. The Griz can move the ball and open up the offense by doing this. If the Griz continue to play in the pro style offense I see a long day for the Griz O. The Griz did nothing against EWU last year until they began to open up the offense when it was 42-17.

The game should be a helluva game. Always a great crowd when the Griz come to town. Safe Travels to anyone making the trip....

grizteria

Postby grizteria » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:52 am

We need to spy Adams all day long. He is the x factor and how he plays the game will go.

LongTimeCatFan

Montana at Eastern

Postby LongTimeCatFan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:21 pm

grizteria wrote:We need to spy Adams all day long. He is the x factor and how he plays the game will go.

Meh, then Forte has a career day.

Do what you do, PRESSURE, ATTACK, DOWNHILL

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:48 pm

Big games against Montana is NOT his Forte

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”