Hitting, Tackling and Swagger

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

Mike
Site Admin

Hitting, Tackling and Swagger

Postby Mike » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:49 pm

I have been watching some highlight videos from past players and teams today and something just jumped out while watching. The viciousness of the hitting and the pad level.

Seems like the last 2 to 3 years are guys are reaching for the shoulders and head a lot while tackling and in the past it is hips and lower. Colt Anderson could tackle and Colt Anderson could hit.

We need another player of that style since we have not had one in 4 years playing safety.
Go Griz!

CV Griz Fan

Re: Hitting, Tackling and Swagger

Postby CV Griz Fan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:18 pm

Mike wrote:

I have been watching some highlight videos from past players and teams today and something just jumped out while watching. The viciousness of the hitting and the pad level.

Seems like the last 2 to 3 years are guys are reaching for the shoulders and head a lot while tackling and in the past it is hips and lower. Colt Anderson could tackle and Colt Anderson could hit.

We need another player of that style since we have not had one in 4 years playing safety.

Don't tell Coach Ty or Player Rep that opinion. Both of them think that Hermanson is the equal of Colt Anderson.

putter

Postby putter » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:35 pm

Hermey may have started out that way but he has fallen off. Last few games have not been great for him at all

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:42 am

putter wrote:Hermey may have started out that way but he has fallen off. Last few games have not been great for him at all

Hermey's play hasn't fallen off against Eastern. He hasn't played well against them ever. Eastern's
athletes are too much for him.

putter

Postby putter » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:31 am

Guess I never thought of that history. EWU has had some great receivers over the years and, IMO, have bailed out VA more times than not over his career.

#1GRIZ

Postby #1GRIZ » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:10 am

Do the athletes at wr and the system at Eastern make the qb or is Adams just that good?

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:21 am

putter wrote:Guess I never thought of that history. EWU has had some great receivers over the years and, IMO, have bailed out VA more times than not over his career.

Yes those WRs bail VA out a lot. They are very athletic and they are very difficult to matchup with.

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”