Zach Wagenmann
Trevor Rehm
Jordan Hines
Logan Hines
Trevor Poole
Sean Haynes
Kevin Berland
Tonga Takai

These are some huge shoes to fill and frankly this is where this years Griz team is different than teams we have had in the past.

DEPTH

We dont have anyone that is going to step up and fill Hermansons shoes, who is the next Wagenmann or Johnson?

CB we are thin but may have some talent coming back with Harris, Nelson and McKinley

Huge holes on the OL we really need Luke to step up and cement that center position.

DL we get Kidder back so that will help

RB we lose a lot of production but have some guys like Counts, Favors and Fumblelina

QB - we got a few guys there but none of them impressed me much so far in practice or fall camps and none of them have any experience.

We need OL in a big way this recruiting season, what say you guys?
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

MissoulaMarinerFan

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:15 am

I'd say OL for sure. Maybe a WR or two that could start "right away" because it seems like the guys we have left after graduation are pretty injury prone. I don't think Walcott or Naccarato has managed to make it through a full season unscathed and who do we have next on the depth chart? Jaansen and....????

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

BWahlberg

Re: 2015 Team and Recruiting Needs

Postby BWahlberg » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:39 pm

I think OL will be ok, Schmaing returns and both Reese and Dietrich have been getting better. You're right as long as Luke fits in we should be good. Weyer will be back and Todd should hopefully step up. If he doesn't they could roll Dietrich back to guard and keep Reese as a starter.

D line worries me. Tyrone Holmes is the only returning starter and he's not been consistent as a pass rusher like Wags has been. Rehm and Takai are huge losses, obviously the loss of Wags as our best defender... Next years D line will presumably have Kidder and Peevey as DTs, and... Crittenden as the other DE?

I also think we'll be ok at safety. Dallassera may roll over and we've got a few special teams stand outs who can hopefully roll over.

I think it comes down to the QB, who is going to be surrounded with great talent.
Have no fear, sugar is here!

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”