2014 Montana vs Eastern Game Thread

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

MissoulaMarinerFan

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Welp, I was hoping that if we stopped the EWU big pass play that we'd have a good chance at winning.

With the exception of one pass play on blown coverage, we finally did that, but then they nickel and dimed their way to TD's.

Eastern adjusted at half and we didn't as per usual. Baldwin has this coaching staffs number, and it showed from about 5 min left in the second qtr until the end of the game.

Congrats to the Eagles and all of UM's seniors. I wish they would have went out differently, but they didn't.

This most be how MSU feels getting their asses handed to them in the first round of the playoffs all the time.
Onto the coaching carousel, speculation, and off-season. Until next year, Go Griz!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

CV Griz Fan

Re:

Postby CV Griz Fan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:23 pm

MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:Certainly looked like his forward momentum was stopped, but not too intelligent to stick the ball out like that when you're not down.

Forget the fumble by Van. That was one of the worst play calls that I've seen. Why get cute in that situation? All you had to get was 1 yard.That play had trouble written all over it.....

MissoulaMarinerFan

Re: Re: Re:

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:34 pm

CV Griz Fan wrote:
MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:Certainly looked like his forward momentum was stopped, but not too intelligent to stick the ball out like that when you're not down.

Forget the fumble by Van. That was one of the worst play calls that I've seen. Why get cute in that situation? All you had to get was 1 yard.That play had trouble written all over it.....

Well, he did get the yard - so it did work. If he didn't fumble it would have been a first down.

No real reason to get cute there though.

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”