New Griz Football Coach

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

Robgriz

Re: New Griz Football Coach

Postby Robgriz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Grizfan-24 wrote:IMHO, He has been a known quantity for years. He is well regarded in the coaches community. From what I have heard rumored before about him that he was hesitant to leave the Mines.

I don't think it takes four years because any of the three QB's we have are well suited for his scheme. I think Pflug or Simis are the types of QBs that he likes.

His system is extremely adaptable and just as importantly though he vastly under plays it, is that is highly reflective of personnel. Frankly it isn't a system but rather a set of concepts that are like building blocks.

Plus, I know a lot of FBS and FCS position coaches that couldn't hold Stitts jockstrap. There are talented guys yes, but a lot of college coaching isn't mind but memorization. Just my experience.

Chalich would also fit in his offense pretty easily.

Grizfan-24

Postby Grizfan-24 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:18 pm

I really didn't include him, mostly because I will wait to make sure he shows up.

He's 99% a go and he'd be very good.

I like the Physical abilities of all those three to run the offense. In terms of intangibles, I am a big fan of Simis. I think I have made it clear over the years as my affinity for his leadership abilities. Chalich I don't know much about from a leadership perspective, but he is a talented athlete. Maybe the best arm out of the group.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
--Ron Burgandy

http://monidasports.blogspot.com

Robgriz

Postby Robgriz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:21 pm

Grizfan-24 wrote:I really didn't include him, mostly because I will wait to make sure he shows up.

He's 99% a go and he'd be very good.

I like the Physical abilities of all those three to run the offense. In terms of intangibles, I am a big fan of Simis. I think I have made it clear over the years as my affinity for his leadership abilities. Chalich I don't know much about from a leadership perspective, but he is a talented athlete. Maybe the best arm out of the group.

One things for sure, next years QB battle is going to be interesting.

Grizfan-24

Postby Grizfan-24 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:42 pm

More of what I like is the receiving corps that returns. That group if returning healthy is what we needed this year. That is a pretty deep group.

Group #1
Jones (Sr.)
Henderson (??) medical redshirt?
Janssen (So.)
Burke (So.)
Group #2
Rogers (So.)
Walcott (Jr.) Heard a rumor about a medical/redshirt deal
Nacarrato (Jr.) Same as above
Foley (RS FR)-coaches are really high on him
Carlson (RS FR) -see above
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
--Ron Burgandy

MissoulaMarinerFan

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:00 pm

I think we'd have a solid receiving group if everybody stays healthy, but based on that (numerous injuries to the same WR's each year it seems) I'm in a "I'll believe it if I see it" frame of mind.

That being said, here's who I see for us at WR next year:

Jones
Janssen
Carlson
Foley

If the rest can stay healthy fine - but, like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Not knocking those players, but the injury bug is a tough one to shake sometimes.

:twocents:

Grizfan-24

Postby Grizfan-24 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:04 pm

MMF,

Agreed. A lot of ifs/ands/but there.

But I like the depth otherwise. Graham is also on that list as well. I think someone like Favors could see time in the slot in this type of offense.
--Ron Burgandy

Robgriz

Postby Robgriz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:09 pm

MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:I think we'd have a solid receiving group if everybody stays healthy, but based on that (numerous injuries to the same WR's each year it seems) I'm in a "I'll believe it if I see it" frame of mind.

That being said, here's who I see for us at WR next year:

Jones
Janssen
Carlson
Foley

If the rest can stay healthy fine - but, like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Not knocking those players, but the injury bug is a tough one to shake sometimes.

:twocents:

I hope Henderson is able to come back. Also keep an eye on Caleb Lyons.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/dpDDxbgCJZU[/youtube]

MissoulaMarinerFan

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:40 pm

GF-24 and Rob.

Agreed - I like our depth there as well (even if Henderson doesn't play another snap)... if it stays healthy. :?

Griz5700

Postby Griz5700 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Oh cool, he spreads it out, never seen a coach do that before.

What an innovator.

Hey, in 4 years! Wow!!..just wait.

Awesome.

Mike
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Bobby if you don't play nice, Santa will leave a lump of coal in your stocking.
Go Griz!

Griz5700

Postby Griz5700 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Rather have a coach who built his teams around huge, dominant offensive lines than this clown.

MissoulaMarinerFan

Postby MissoulaMarinerFan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Griz5700 wrote:Rather have a coach who built his teams around huge, dominant offensive lines than this clown.

I'd rather have a coach that tailors their offensive and defensive philosophy to the players that they have - which enables them to recruit more players than just the ones that fit into certain systems.

grizcountry420

Postby grizcountry420 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:36 pm

MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Griz5700 wrote:Rather have a coach who built his teams around huge, dominant offensive lines than this clown.

I'd rather have a coach that tailors their offensive and defensive philosophy to the players that they have - which enables them to recruit more players than just the ones that fit into certain systems.

"I am a football analyst who can predict future success, or lack of it, based upon watching the game unfold."
-Growler

One.Cool.Customer

Postby One.Cool.Customer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:14 pm

I don't give a stitt what you think! In all seriousness, his teams have proven they can run the ball very well and don't always utilize the hurry up (which makes some people think finesse). I agree with the concept that you win from the trenches out, but who says you can't win from the trenches...and spread out!

Grizfan-24

Postby Grizfan-24 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:41 am

I love the stick in the mud fan base who can't be happy or excited about anything. Reminds me of a spoiled child at Christmas who gets the Wal Mart brand of something rather than the name brand.

I am in the process of writing a blog about Stitt, if he is the guy and his offensive concepts. Most of his stuff is pretty easy to comprehend and isn't earth shattering, but rather a melding of concepts that is pretty genius. A lot of coaches including Carroll, UCLA, West Virginia, Oregon, and so forth use the basic concepts of his offense.

He just has a methodology that I will explain more about that further increases the likelihood that the defense is going to be wrong on just about every play.
--Ron Burgandy

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”