2015 QB Situation

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

GRIZNATION

2015 QB Situation

Postby GRIZNATION » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Montana already has Gustafson, Simis, Weyer on the current roster. Now it is rumored that the Griz will pick up Idaho transfer Chalich and now Hawaii transfer Prater. Add in recruit Pflug and it seems like we have a great problem to have.

2 or 3 of those arms are going to be very capable QB's, so who is the first to transfer? Heard Gustafson is looking at Rocky but that is nothing but a rumor at this point. So what are we thinking by loading up this many QB's with various styles and skill sets?
Coach Hauck after the 2007 Griz /Cat Game - "I wish there were a 5th quarter in that game so we could kick their ass some more!"

grizcountry420

Re: 2015 QB Situation

Postby grizcountry420 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:03 am

I don't see Gus or Weyer hitting the field anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if both of those guys transfer elsewhere..
"I am a football analyst who can predict future success, or lack of it, based upon watching the game unfold."
-Growler

BWahlberg

Postby BWahlberg » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:08 pm

All depends on the offense too. If we get Stitt or someone who wants a mobile QB that will really help Simis and maybe Pflug. If we get Hauck or someone who wants that pocket-QB kind of guy that is a big boost for Gus.

Chalich I'm having a tough time determining where he lands, don't think he's as athletic of a runner as Simis, maybe a mix of a pocket QB and a scrambler QB? An Andrew Selle kind of guy?
Have no fear, sugar is here!

Grizfan-24

Postby Grizfan-24 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:08 pm

I can see Weyer changing positions but I wouldn't discount him. Good arm, good instincts. I just don't know about him in how he'll compare.

Gus got the short end of the stick honestly. I think we would have seen more of him, had Delaney not kept Hyphen at quarterback. Would have been nice to see what he could of done. Reminds me of the older Selle.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
--Ron Burgandy

http://monidasports.blogspot.com

BWahlberg

Postby BWahlberg » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:26 pm

What would Weyer move to? TE or WR?
Have no fear, sugar is here!

Grizfan-24

Postby Grizfan-24 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:33 pm

TE seems logical. I heard scuttlebutt about that last year that some teams were recruiting him in that regard. Don't know if it is true or not.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
--Ron Burgandy

http://monidasports.blogspot.com

grizpack

Postby grizpack » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Grizfan-24 wrote:TE seems logical. I heard scuttlebutt about that last year that some teams were recruiting him in that regard. Don't know if it is true or not.

Pretty sure that is true. UM was one school that was willing to give him a shot at QB. Most others wanted to move him. Big frame. Put some weight on him. Who knows?

VictorG

Postby VictorG » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:33 pm

BWahlberg wrote:All depends on the offense too. If we get Stitt or someone who wants a mobile QB that will really help Simis and maybe Pflug. If we get Hauck or someone who wants that pocket-QB kind of guy that is a big boost for Gus.

Chalich I'm having a tough time determining where he lands, don't think he's as athletic of a runner as Simis, maybe a mix of a pocket QB and a scrambler QB? An Andrew Selle kind of guy?

He better be a heck of a lot faster than Selle!

If I remember right from Chalich's bio, he seemed to be pretty mobile. Had a real good average carrying the ball (around 6 yards) and seemed to have good totals for the number of games he was in. IMO on paper he looked to be a few inches taller than JJ and about 15 - 20 heavier. (Hope I'm remembering the right bio.)

It is going to be interesting! I hope he does well because I'm not real fond of playing freshmen at the QB position unless we absolutely have to.

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”