Top Programs in the FCS Revenue Figures

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:55 am

How is James Madison 16 million ahead of Montana?

This really shows who supports their program and who doesnt.
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

CrunchGriz

Postby CrunchGriz » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:38 am

This graphic is kind of hard to understand. Are these programs that lead in total athletic department revenue, or football revenue? I find it hard to believe that New Hampshire, for instance, outdoes Montana in football. They have a dinky little stadium and draw very few fans.

grizfnz

Postby grizfnz » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:56 am

I had been told long ago thst Admin siphons off much of the football "revenue". They take money from concessions, apparel profits and in return bill athletics for facilities usuage.
Perhaps that's why other programs look like they out perform us in the $$$ game.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Re: Top Programs in the FCS Revenue Figures

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:25 am

CrunchGriz wrote:This graphic is kind of hard to understand. Are these programs that lead in total athletic department revenue, or football revenue? I find it hard to believe that New Hampshire, for instance, outdoes Montana in football. They have a dinky little stadium and draw very few fans.

I would think it has to be combined sports, apparel, concessions etc income from FCS programs that play FCS football. There is no way we make 20 million on just football at UM. I would think that our football program is probably taking in around 5-8 million range each year and I am being generous.
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

putter

Re: Top Programs in the FCS Revenue Figures

Postby putter » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:25 pm

Hard to believe these numbers. Wasn't Montana in the top 50 of all schools in apparel sales in the country? Hard to believe the schools are that far above Montana. UD has been in decline over the last couple of years and UND's money has to come from Hockey.

Interesting

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”