Montana Talent

Smash Mouth Griz Football Talk.....MB Style

Moderator: MINI14GB

ALPHAGRIZ1

Montana Talent

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:33 pm

When you watch two teams like NDSU and SHSU play you realize how far away we are from the top.

Right now SHSU is beating NDSU at almost every position. They have 18 FBS transfers. Granted they are undisciplined quitters but they are manhandling the Bison on both lines.

We are light years behind that in talent

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Never look down on somebody, unless you're helping them up.

putter

Re: Montana Talent

Postby putter » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:20 pm

I don't think it is light years. If Montana had any resemblance of a consistent offense/coordinators this year could have been better. I am hoping that the new staff will better utilize the talent Montana has which will provide a better product on the field

SHSU is just UD reloaded. Keeler bringing in D1 drop downs while hoping not to have to really coach them up.

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:28 pm

You are crazy, there is no comparison to the level of talent across the board. Sure we have a player or two like Wagenmann or Takai but they have 20 of them. NDSU played tonight with WR that never played in a game and they came through and made plays. That is the difference.

Both of those teams are loaded with guys that could walk on to Montana and start at ANY position. Yes, even at LB.

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:45 am

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:You are crazy, there is no comparison to the level of talent across the board. Sure we have a player or two like Wagenmann or Takai but they have 20 of them. NDSU played tonight with WR that never played in a game and they came through and made plays. That is the difference.

Both of those teams are loaded with guys that could walk on to Montana and start at ANY position. Yes, even at LB.

I agree. This is the case with Illinois St. also.....

putter

Postby putter » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:30 pm

I am not that crazy. Yes, NDSU's has developed way more top level depth than Montana has right now but I think this year it was more then Wags and Takai. Montana's execution stunk most of the year and very questionable calls with the talent the Griz had. Here is hoping that Still turns the corner and Montana makes deep playoff runs which will attract more top talent

marceagfan5

Postby marceagfan5 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:26 pm

The entire Big Sky is behind in talent compared to some of the teams in the playoffs this year. Both MVFC schools are way ahead of the Big Sky in terms of talent and it isn't even close. Eastern beat SHSU this year, but you could see SHSU had athletes all over the place that hadn't yet put it together.

The Big Sky needs to step up in recruiting talent because there is a huge difference right now and most of the top teams (SHSU, ISU, NDSU) return a ton of talent next year...

CV Griz Fan

Postby CV Griz Fan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:48 pm

marceagfan5 wrote:The entire Big Sky is behind in talent compared to some of the teams in the playoffs this year. Both MVFC schools are way ahead of the Big Sky in terms of talent and it isn't even close. Eastern beat SHSU this year, but you could see SHSU had athletes all over the place that hadn't yet put it together.

The Big Sky needs to step up in recruiting talent because there is a huge difference right now and most of the top teams (SHSU, ISU, NDSU) return a ton of talent next year...

I am sure that you saw the talent gap first hand in your playoff game last week. I had been impressed with Eastern all year but ISU was even better. For some reason, Egriz is real "thin skinned" right now about the apparent talent gap between the MVC and the BSC. It's kind of strange actually that posters are acting that way.

Griz5700

Postby Griz5700 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Yep. Waaay behind. Griz would have been man handled by Illinois st if they beat ewu.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:52 pm

SHSU will never "put it together".....FBS dropdowns have no heart and they are quitters.............you could see them quit in the NDSU game halfway through the 3rd qtr

marceagfan5

Postby marceagfan5 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:38 am

CV Griz Fan wrote:
marceagfan5 wrote:The entire Big Sky is behind in talent compared to some of the teams in the playoffs this year. Both MVFC schools are way ahead of the Big Sky in terms of talent and it isn't even close. Eastern beat SHSU this year, but you could see SHSU had athletes all over the place that hadn't yet put it together.

I am sure that you saw the talent gap first hand in your playoff game last week. I had been impressed with Eastern all year but ISU was even better. For some reason, Egriz is real "thin skinned" right now about the apparent talent gap between the MVC and the BSC. It's kind of strange actually that posters are acting that way.

Yes, definitely saw the talent gap. I think even Baldwin saw the gap. Eastern won the coin toss to open the game and they almost always choose to defer. Against Illinois State they chose to take the ball, and I think the coaches felt that Eastern need to try to put as many points on the board as early as possible.

The big sky has some quality components of certain teams such as Eastern's skill positions on offense, and Montana's defensive line, but not the quality of the all-around team like North Dakota State or Illinois State.

The top 10-15 FCS teams are a lot more talented now than they were in years past, and the big sky needs to catch up.

putter

Postby putter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:05 am

Both teams were impressive. I guess my comments come from "light years". Light Years to me is San Diego trying to compete with Montana, NDSU, etc. That to me is light years

ALPHAGRIZ1

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:24 am

putter wrote:Both teams were impressive. I guess my comments come from "light years". Light Years to me is San Diego trying to compete with Montana, NDSU, etc. That to me is light years

We are San Diego trying to compete with NDSU

Return to “Montana Grizzlies Football”